Should I Even Bother To Read HS2? Is It Better Now?

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Aeroplane
Pronouns: She/Her

Should I Even Bother To Read HS2? Is It Better Now?

Post by Aeroplane » Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:32 pm

I stopped reading HS2 (or now Beyond Canon) around page 590 (little before, little after) because I didn't like the comic and felt like I was better off reading Godfeels or other fanworks that handled the material in more interesting and in-character ways. Should I go back to reading it? Is it worth it to keep up with Homestuck even if I don't like the direction it's taking?
-YOU ARE A LIAR, YOU ARE A LIAR, YOU ARE A LIAR AND YOU ARE A LIE

tertiaryapocalypse
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: mage of mind
Moon: Derse

Re: Should I Even Bother To Read HS2? Is It Better Now?

Post by tertiaryapocalypse » Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:25 am

i'm bothering to read it! whether or not it's better, though....

without spoiling it for you, there was a good update maybe a month or two back that hit pretty hard for alpha kid enjoyers (it's me! i'm the alpha kid enjoyers.) i definitely think it's getting better in terms of characterization. the art is also really good, but i think that one goes without saying.

that being said, there's still distance to be travelled that i think leaves it yet to be determined whether or not its worth reading as a whole, you know? i have no idea how you can recover post-canon from where it left off. there's a few calls towards the memes and shitposting of the modern day that (in my opinion) feel shoe-horned in and fall flat, too, but a lot of other people found them fun, so maybe i'm just a killjoy? i have personally noticed that hs:bc seems to be more popular with the newer fans, though i have no idea what that means.

but i guess to answer your question; it has short enough, sparse enough updates that i think it's worth tagging along for the ride merely for the sake of curiosity, but i wouldn't set my expectations too high. it is homestuck, after all! :olliesouty:

edit: unsure if it's interesting, per se. iirc, there's been like, two plot important things that happened? blargh
ImageImage